Letter to the Reader: How I Manage My Blog

Hello everyone! I just got a comment on one of my recent posts saying:
"Hi! I realize this is sort of off-topic however I had to ask.
Does managing a well-established website like yours take 
a massive amount work? I'm brand new to running 
a blog however I do write in my diary on a daily basis. I'd 
like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and views online.
Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
Appreciate it!"
                                                                                -Anonymous


Dear Anonymous,
Well, thanks so much for saying my blog is a "well-established website"! That really does mean a lot. Just like writing in a diary or a journal every day, like I do, too, you get in the habit of doing it, which is what I have done on this blog.

In my opinion, Blogger, the hosting website I use to publish the blog you are currently reading is the best blog hosting website. Wordpress is a little to advanced for me. On Blogger (which by the way is owned by Google, so if you already have a Google account you do not need to make a new account for Blogger), you get a free domain name which ends in ".blogspot.com". You can also pay for a domain, which can end in .com, .net, .org, etc. Many different websites (my favorite is: http://btemplates.com) give you templates which you easily put on your blog.

Blogging is fun for me, because I get to express my opinions and tell everyone what I've been up to lately. I started this blog in May of 2007, which makes my blog over 6 years old, which is really surprising to me.

I always find little gadgets and stuff (like the status bar on the top of the page that shows the latest post I've written), that I always like trying on my blog. This is one of the things I like about my blog.

Always find some time at least every week to write on your blog. Maybe if you want, you can even just copy what you write in your diary to your blog, if it isn't too personal. When I go places that I know I really want to blog about, I bring a notepad that I can jot notes on for a future post. Little things like that will make your blog well-established.

If you have any other questions Anonymous, please comment.

Thanks!
Riley at rileys-adventures.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tech Guy Radio Show

Going to the Waterpark

What Christmas Means to Me and Christmas Day...