First Day of School 2010-2011

On 8/18/10, which was my first day of school and this is how is went.
I woke up 20 minutes before I had to just to get a head start. I went to the bathroom, got changed, had breakfast, brushed my teeth(and that's when Maggie woke up), and got everything in my backpack. Then Maggie and Mom were ready and we got on the tram before the one were suppose to go on. We got on that one and it took about 20 minutes on the tram(an hour to walk). We had then walked to the school which took a minute. Mom got her visitor card and we went inside the school. We didn't know what to do, so we just waited in the cafitera. Then we just went to our classroms upstairs. I opened my locker where my school supplies were and grabbed them out. I put my backpack in and changed in my inside shoes and then went in the classroom. I saw my teacher. Her name is Ms. Ann. I put my school supplies in my cubby and put my folder/homework bag on the hook on my desk. We waited and when school started, we had a seat on the rug. Ms. Ann explained us stuff like how the school is and the rules. She then showed us a quick tour of the school. We came back and the math teacher came. Since Ms. Ann is the school's art teacher and 3rd grade teacher, when the math teacher comes or anyone like that, she goes to the art room. We had supplies of a meter of sting, 2 newspapers, and tape. We had to make the tallest project out of those martiels. We had to use all of them. The 3 others kids starting German to each other and I was like What?? Them one of them finally said in English what we were doing. We had 2nd place and the others ran out of time. The 1st place winners had a big long tube they rolled up. We finished that, then it was lunch time. I got my lunch card and went up. I got the meat thing with a bread stick. Then the principal which is really a lot of things said "Dessert"? I just stood there for 5 seconds. "Sure" I said. It was really good pudding. I asked if I could put my dishes away which took we 2 minutes to figure out were there want and 3 minutes to see were all the plates and bowls and silverware went. We lined up for after lunch recess and played out there for a long time. We went up the stairs to the balcony then went in our classrooms door. She said that we were going to write a letter to ourselves. We did it half way then went the Gym/Sports Hall for a School WIde Meeting. They icroduced the new kids to the school, then talked about playgrond stuff, after school clubs, and then a song. We went back to our classrooms. We had German. We went up there and all the lady did, was speak german in sencenses and didn't even translate them. "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...". We finally went back and got ready. I saw Mom and Maggie and we went.

I had a nice day of school!

Comments

  1. I loved the Blah, Blah Blah part. Don't worry. You will understand what she's saying soon. That's how Daddy's German teacher started out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Riley! I felt like I was there with you-so descriptive! Hope school continues to as well and you can teach us some German when you return!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Tech Guy Radio Show

Going to the Waterpark

What Christmas Means to Me and Christmas Day...